Dangerous Goods Storage and Handling - Qld (2-Days)
This comprehensive course covers the requirements of the Queensland Dangerous Goods Safety Management (DGSM) Act and Regulation. It covers the legal requirements, and provides practical strategies for all types of facilities - minor storage, dangerous goods locations, large dangerous goods locations and major hazard facilities.
This course will help you determine what sort of facility you are (minor storage, DGL, Large DGL or MHF) and clearly outline what your obligations are under the DGSM Act. Many topics are covered including:
Reference is made to relevant Australian Standards (for example: AS 1940; AS/NZS 3780; AS/NZS 3833) to provide specific guidance on how to meet your obligations.
- Notification and Licensing (including Flammable and Combustible Liquids Licences)
- MSDS, Registers and Labelling
- Dangerous Goods Risk Assessments
- Separation and Segregation of incompatible goods
- Spill Containment (bunding) and Spill Response
- Placarding and Manifests
- Fire Protection
- Emergency Planning
- Safety Management Systems
Please contact HSE for future course dates, or to enquire about in-house courses.